Over 100 concerned Falmouth residents turned out on the evening of June 4 to learn about how Falmouth could create a community Internet that it controls to meet the needs of the town.
The meeting was widely publicized in advance on social media and in the Falmouth Enterprise using this flyer.
It was recorded by FCTV and will be aired starting June 11. It can also be watched here via Youtube
- Opening remarks and introduction of committee – Courtney Bird (5 min)
- a. Why are we here?
- b. The Organizing Committee
- Courtney Bird
- Brooks Bartlett
- Peter Cook
- Art Gaylord
- David Isenberg
- Outline of ground rules for the meeting – Courtney Bird (5 min)
- A Primer and Overview of Internet Options for Falmouth – David Isenberg (20 min)
- A talk by David Talbot: “Community-Owned Fiber Networks; Success Stories that could serve as Models for Falmouth” (20 min)
- General Discussion: Discussion of Issues based on audience questions (25 min)
- Wrap-up: Where do we go from here? (10 min)